Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 2017 GG

A couple days late but it's time for the July GG post! I don't have too much to post this month but I did work here and there on 2 pieces.

First up is the Star Wars project for my friends' son. Last I posted I had just barely begun on Darth Vader and now he is almost complete and the words still need to be added. I got very tired of stitching all the black which also happens to be pretty much the only color left for the piece (including the words) so I have put this one to the side for now. Since it will probably be a Christmas or birthday gift (January), I'm not too worried about it right now!


Secondly, I finally picked up Olde World Map again. This will be a gift for my mom and stepdad whenever I get around to finishing it. 

Here is where I left off last time:


and here is what I've done after a couple days of starting it again: 


Not much progress but I plan to focus on this one for a little bit. 

That's it for this month's GG.

In other news, I have decided to participate in Mii's needle minder exchange! The rules are simple: you must send whoever you are assigned a needle minder, a finished small stitched piece, and a skein of DMC thread and they must receive it before September 15. I'm excited to say that I already have what I want to stitch picked out and all the floss, the needle minder I will send, and the skein of DMC! I plan on working on the small in August and will mail all the goodies to their new home either end of August or beginning of September depending on where said home ends up being! If you'd like to participate head over to Mii's post at this link!



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Star Wars figures are so cute and the map is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is nice to work on the map again!

      Delete
  2. Good progress on the Olde world map.

    ReplyDelete