Sunday, April 4, 2021

Sunday Funday #5 - Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone! 

I hope everyone had a great day, whether it included religious aspects, egg hunts, both, or just a relaxing weekend day! Unfortunately I spent my Easter working 12 hours but that’s ok because that meant I got to use my downtime to finish up my Easter cross stitch!

“Easter Bunny Gnome with Egg” - CrossStitchFoxy FINISHED!

I’m not sure yet how I will fully finish it but it’s done! He is sooo cute and I’m very happy with how it came out!

Tomorrow my husband and I will be doing our egg hunt with the kids. I’m really excited since it will be the first one the 4 of us will do together. This year, my daughter agreed to me contacting the Easter Bunny and asking if he would make a special stop at our house tomorrow instead so we could all participate! Last year we were all separated and couldn’t celebrate at all: my daughter was sedated in the ICU, I was with her, my husband was stuck in a nearby hotel since he couldn’t be with us thanks to Covid rules at the time, and our son was with my mother-in-law in our home city 2.5 hours away. So this year is extra special! 

Even though they didn’t do anything today, the kids were still spoiled by their grandparents who either sent baskets or dropped some off! They had a good time with those! I loved hearing all about the things they got in their baskets when I got home from work. Then we read some Easter themed books before bedtime and they drifted off to sleep in preparation for the Easter Bunny’s arrival tomorrow! 

6 comments: