Thursday, July 22, 2021

July Gifted Gorgeousness!

Are we really almost through July already!?!?!?!?!? I swear the months and years are getting shorter and shorter!

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted on Jo's page, so make sure you head over there to see the other participants if you haven't already!

First up, I have been working on the map for my parents again here and there and feel like I've made quite a bit of progress!

Currently:

March 2021:

I didn't realize how much I had added until I found the last time I had posted about it. Since March the tree, bushes, grass, water/cloud ripples, sun, ship, and more of the border have either been finished or made appearances! I did find about 3 counting mistakes in the ship area from a previous time I had stitched on this piece, so I had to fix those but otherwise, it was smooth sailing! I believe its just the ship and border left for this section and then I can finally move on to the bottom right quadrant and then deal with all the backstitching after that!

Next, I have some more mini block Dragon Ball Z characters that I put together for my husband!

Nanoblocks Piccolo & Master Roshi sets FINISHED!

Nanoblocks Goku & Raditz sets FINISHED!

My husband has been enjoying receiving these little characters from his favorite anime but he is always so afraid to touch them because he inevitably breaks something off of them and brings them to me to fix! He now has all the currently available sets and the next one is scheduled to be released in August, I believe.

That's all I have for now! Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. You have made a good progress on the map. The little anime characters are cute. Nowadays the day are not running fast. They are flying fast. Every one are feeling the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I agree...flying is a better description!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you and your daughter are the crafty ones in the family, then! Great progress on the map, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My daughter definitely loves arts and crafts! If she's being quiet somewhere and you have no idea what she is up to, she's usually found something artsy to do and is trying to surprise someone!

      Delete
  3. I love stitched maps. This one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My parents are huge map fans and I knew I had to work on this for them!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I do like the way you can see the progress in these regular posts.
    The ship is great and worth taking the time to get right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought about just stitching around the mistakes but decided that it would be an injustice!

      Delete