It's been almost a week since my last post but I thought I'd go ahead and check in with my progress so far. Plus, I've been up with a fussy baby most of the night so I figured I might as well do something since I'm wide awake :-p.
I looked at the calendar and realized I only 3 weeks to get "Love Is Patient" completely finished and framed. I knew May 11 was close but when I actually looked at the calendar, it sent me into a bit of a panic. Ideally I'd like to have it completed in 2 weeks so last night (since I couldn't sleep) I worked on it a fair amount.
It may not look like it but I got a bunch of the border shading done and then started the "Love Is Patient" line because I got tired of looking at beige all the time. I officially have less than half of the shading left and then I think the words will go fast after that.
On the "Olde World Map" front, I also made a little progress. It was pretty busy at work this past week so I didn't get as much done during down time as I usually do. I did manage to add a few more words and the background around them (which I hate stitching because it's practically the same color as the fabric), a few lines here and there of random colors, and a dolphin (my favorite sea animal)!
Not much but progress is progress!
In 7 days, the Smalls SAL will be due so I need to start on that but it won't take me long at all. I have a really small stitching project planned for that:
The reason I have chosen this tiny project is pretty much only because I found it while perusing around Michael's and it is stitched on black aida. I have heard that dark fabric is hard to stitch on and I wanted to test the waters with something small because I plan on stitching another "Love Is Patient" for my husband & I to hang somewhere in our home but using our wedding colors on black fabric. If this test sample proves to be harder than I thought, then I will rethink about stitching the one for us on black fabric and probably just stick with white!