Wednesday, December 19, 2018

WIP Wednesday

Today is an exciting WIP Wednesday post for me because I can officially say that I have a (sort of) finish!

After several hours of:
1.  stitching on a frustrating stamped pattern
2. trying not to go crazy over basketweave stitching
3. getting very angry over a ridiculous amount of French knots

The Polar Pals Stocking is done! At least for my part....

Here’s where I last left off:

And now:

I’m so glad this is done. I don’t think I’ve ever been more frustrated with a project before. I’ve come to the conclusion that I really don’t like working on a stamped canvas. However, I think it ended up coming out great (despite the name not being spaced right...).

This afternoon, I met up with my friend who is going to finish this into the actual stocking for my daughter. We picked out a nice fabric and batting at Joann’s and now it’s just a waiting game. Fingers crossed that she can get it done in time for Christmas. If not, then it’ll end up being a 3 King’s present and we will get to use it next year!

I can’t wait to see what this will look like once it’s completed!

Now I can finally get back to working on other projects that are actually cross stitch! Yay!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! The design is so cute. I've never done a stamped canvas before but they look challenging. Hope your friend can finishing it for your daughter :) Hope you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas and a Stitchy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!I really did not like doing the stamped canvas but I'm glad that I did this stocking. I hope you and your family also have a Merry Christmas and Stitchy New Year as well!

      Delete
  2. Wow, it looks fantastic in spite of the trouble! I hope it was done by Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so great - I hope your friend managed to finish it in time. Happy new year to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it! It looks great, such a cute design.

    ReplyDelete