Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday Funday #8 - May Puerto Rico Trip

 Hello my friends! 

I'm surprised that a month has already gone by! It's been a little busy with my Spring classes ending and my Summer classes starting, my work schedule changing, and with a little week long trip to Puerto Rico for my cousin's wedding. Needless to say, there has been virtually no stitching that has happened in the last month...which I hope is not the case for the next month!

I was a little hesitant to travel to P.R. with the pandemic still obviously in play but I have to say that I was very impressed with how the island is handling it and honestly feel like they are doing a much better job than here in the mainland. 

Ready to go!

While we were there, the weather was absolutely perfect and the food was even better! It was my husband and kids' first time visiting and meeting all of my family on my Dad's side. I could also tell that my Dad was very excited to drive all around and point out various landmarks or places he lived to my husband! The first 4 days of our vacation was spent seeing family and attending the wedding. The ceremony was held outdoors and was small, simple, and beautiful and the reception was so much fun!

My cousin with his beautiful bride

From left to right: me, son, husband, Dad, daughter, Dad's husband

my handsome son

my beautiful daughter

my family that was at the wedding

the loves of my life

The last 3 days were spent doing a few touristy things. We visited Old San Juan and went to both forts, El Morro and San Cristobal, drove to a nice but very windy beach, went to the Yunque rainforest where we did a tiny bit of hiking, and then walked to the beach by our hotel and saw the sunset. Here are just a few of the pics I took while exploring.

Castillo San Cristobal

Castillo San Cristobal

Castillo San Cristobal

Looking from Castillo San Cristobal to El Morro

La Perla

The lighthouse at El Morro

being silly at El Morro

being cute at El Morro

The 3 flags always flown at the forts: The Cross of Burgundy, Puerto Rico, and United States

Where the Pina Colada was created

Old San Juan

El Morro

Old San Juan

My daughter flying a kite at Saldinera beach

The hubby in awe of the rainforest

Yokahu Observation Tower in the Yunque

waiting for lunch in the rainforest

starting our little hike on the easy trail

my son's "cheese" face

My hubby and Dad climbed a bunch of rocks to get closer to the waterfall

Watching the sunset at the beach by the hotel

The kids were more interested in playing in the sand!

Overall, it was a good week where my husband and kids finally got to meet the rest of my family and we got to relax and enjoy the nice island weather. My husband must've liked it because he's talking about the things he'd like to see the next time we are there!

I hope everyone has been staying well during the past month and will continue to be well into the next! Hopefully I'll be back to posting a little more regularly soon!

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. I am glad that you managed to get to the wedding. As more people are vaccinated it will become safer to travel. Which is good as I am sure they all want to go back again! It looks like a beautiful place with a lovely family too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we were able to make it too! It was a much needed get-away!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm glad you had a fun week away! Sounds and looks like you all enjoyed yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a fabulous time with your family, good for you! We have always enjoyed it there the couple of times we've been.

    ReplyDelete