Friday, September 22, 2017

Hurricane Irma, Traveling, Needleminder Exchange, Sept 2017 GG

It has been a bit since I posted so this will be kind of a big post!

The reason for the lack of posting has been due to us being affected by Hurricane Irma and traveling for the better part of the last month. 

I must say that our daughter did awesome on all our different flights!
 At the end of August, we went to visit my dad in Michigan for 5 days, which included a day/night spent in Canada at Niagara Falls. It was absolutely beautiful!
 
                                      
After we returned from this trip, we had to focus on preparing for Hurricane Irma, which was obviously very stressful. Luckily, we only had a few fence panels that were blown down and we were able to get all the pieces and pop them back in afterwards and the fence is just fine. We were without power for 30.5 hours which is nothing compared to some other people who didn't get power back until a couple of days ago. We also completely lost cell service in our area because a tower was severely damaged and that took about 4 days to get fixed.

Luckily, they didn't cancel our flight for our next trip! From September 13-20, we took our first family vacation of just the 3 of us to the other side of the country and visited California: 3 days in San Diego, 2 days on a Disney cruise to Ensenada Mexico, 2 days in Anaheim staying at the Disneyland Hotel and going to Disneyland and California Adventure, and a day in Los Angeles! This was an amazing trip!
  
 
                        
 After returning home and spending much of our first day back sleeping because we were exhausted, I checked the mail yesterday to find that my needleminder exchange gift had arrived! I absolutely love it! Thank you so much Justine (and yes it is absolutely nerdy enough for me)! I was definitely spoiled with all the goodies!

Lenore received my package early and said that she loved it! Yay!!
 I really enjoyed stitching this and participating in the exchange! Thank you Mii  so much for hosting this!
And the final part of this post if for my late addition to the September GG! I just have a little bit of progress to show on the Olde World Map but it is progress none the less! I am so close to finishing the 2nd page and will be starting page 3 soon! All I really have left is the little bit of border and the man's crown to finish off before starting the next page.

Sorry for the long post, but it has been a very eventful couple of weeks!


9 comments:

  1. Hey don't say sorry for the long post! It was great to read about you.
    I am glad you haven't suffered to much with Irma.
    Looks like you had a great time away on your holiday too. I am so envious you've seen the Falls and been to Disney :)
    Justine little package was fantastic. I really like the pin cushion, it is really cool.
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we didn't have too much damage from Irma! Yes, we had an awesome time on our vacation! The package was fantastic!

      Delete
  2. I'm just glad to hear your absence was (mostly) due to fun times and not hurricane damage. Sounds like you had a fun trip! Thank you again for your presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to "see" you in your holiday photos! Your daughter is so pretty, I love the one of you and your husband/partner kissing her at the same time. I was lucky to visit Niagara Falls Canada side several years ago and your pics brought back happy memories.

    Glad to hear you survived Irma and that my little parcel arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The one with my husband and me kissing her is probably one of my favorites! It took a little bit for mail to get going again in our area while we were gone but it did arrive in perfect condition and I was super excited to see it when we got back home!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, somehow I managed to miss commenting on your post!
    Your little girl is adorable, especially as Snow White.
    Lovely exchange pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete