Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Am I Seeing An Update??

Yes! 
Your eyes are not deceiving you! 
After about 7 months, I have an actual update!

In all honesty, I have truly missed the ability to stitch for the past several months. Unfortunately I have had a full schedule between my daughter, family outings, work, and taking several classes at a time. Thankfully, things are starting to slow down with school since the semester is almost over! I only have a week left! I also switch back to dayshift in about another week as well!

*Does happy dance*

Thanksgiving came and went here and there was lots of yummy food to be had even though I did have to work that night. I did have the following weekend off though, which was nice. I spent my days off celebrating a late Thanksgiving with my parents, running around Disney's Magic Kingdom with my in-laws, and putting up the Christmas lights outside and decorating a little bit inside (not much inside though because we have some jerk kitties that thing it's fun to mess with them).



Most of the stitching I have done was over the Thanksgiving break and I've continued a little bit here and there. I plan to keep stitching and to have at least 1 finish before Christmas. So I have chosen to focus on the stocking that I have been working on for almost 2 years for my daughter (granted I did lose it for a little bit when we moved rooms around). I am going to try my hardest to have the stitching done in time to then have my friend finish it as a stocking because I don't know how to use a sewing machine.... maybe one day I will learn 😆

Here is how far I was on it the last time I posted:

And here is where I am at the moment:

I have managed to finish all (but the scarf) of the penguin and the snowman since the last post. It's hard to see, but I've also started on some of the blue on the rest of pattern. Basically all that's left are the various blues and greens and then the accent backstitching, french knots, and putting my daughter's name on it! 

One thing I am really learning with this project, is that I'm not a fan of working on a stamped pattern because it becomes difficult to tell where to actually stitch with small details here and there. The other thing I don't like is that it makes it hard to tell the actual progress I've made at times...at least in pictures. 

That's all for now! I hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had fun with the family!
    Great progress on the stocking, that really is an adorable one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you again! Winter really is the best time to get caught up with your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! So glad to have a little time before classes start back up in January!

      Delete