Friday, February 1, 2019

After the Holidays and Into the New Year!

First and foremost, I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a great 1st month of the year!

Our Christmas was pretty awesome because this was the first time our little one could actually recognize that it was Christmas and was so excited to open her presents. That was definitely a busy week. We celebrated Christmas Eve with my husband's parents, Christmas with my parents, and then opened gifts from my dad in Michigan over FaceTime the day after. My daughter was extremely spoiled this Christmas and loved everything she received!



Even with all the busy days after Christmas, I have not one but TWO stitching updates!

First, I had a complete finish! The Polar Pals stocking for my daughter was successfully completed in time for Christmas! Finally seeing it finished, after being so frustrated with the actual stitching, was awesome and now I love it! She was so excited to get it in her Christmas Eve box and then to have it filled with all sorts of goodies on Christmas!

FINISHED! DIMENSIONS NEEDLEPOINT KIT - POLAR PALS STOCKING

My friend did an amazing job with the sewing! She was a little nervous at first but it came out great!

The second update is that I was able to finish stitching the Star Wars piece for my friends' son finally! 


I don't know why but stitching large areas of black are really hard for me because I start to lose interest. I finished the stitching before the new year and knew I wouldn't be able to get together with my friends until this month so I haven't been in a rush to complete it. I do have all the stuff to finish and will do so on my next days off!

Our hectic days didn't really stop after the holidays because we have 3 birthdays during January: my daughter, my sister-in-law, and my niece. Needless to say January is always crazy for us but as my daughter was saying all day at her Frozen themed 3rd birthday party, we just "let it go!" and try to enjoy all the festivities!


I do have a new start that will be another piece for my mom and stepdad....eventually.... It's a Game of Thrones family houses/flags/sayings and it should be pretty neat once it's done.


Now that it's officially February and all the festivities are over for now, it's back to work, school, family, and hopefully I can sneak in a little more stitching this year. 

I wish everyone a great rest of the year since I missed posting in January! 

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so cute! No wonder everyone wanted to spoil her. I'm very curious to see your new stitching project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Christmas - it's always much more fun when the little ones know what is going on! Looking forward to seeing your new stitching project progress x

    ReplyDelete