Saturday, February 19, 2022

February 2022 Gifted Gorgeousness

Happy February everyone! My life is always on the go so it's once again bit a little since my last post ๐Ÿ˜†

I hope everyone has had a great start to the year and I can't believe February is basically done! With that being said,  it is time for Jo's February Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up and I'm able to participate this month!

First up is the one I am most proud of. My fully finished Magic Kingdom SAL that I gifted to my daughter for her 6th birthday! 

"Magic Kingdom SAL" - Cunning Cross Stitch FINISHED!

I cannot thank my Grandmother enough for helping me to finish this as a wall hanging! I absolutely love how it came out! My only request is to please ignore the wrinkles that my 2 year old personally added right before I hung it up.... I took the picture before I had fixed it and forgot to retake it ๐Ÿ˜ This is hung above her bed next to a Disney Princess canvas piece that my Dad gave her for Christmas with a phrase that is so perfect for her.


Since I finished that piece, I started working again on the Olde World Map that is intended to be a gift for my Mom & Stepdad.

Currently:

July 2021:
As you can see, I made a decent amount of progress on it. I hadn't touched this one since July and picked it back up again last week. The only thing left in this quadrant now is to finish the one color left for the outside border. This is by far my oldest piece that I keep taking huge breaks on and the border is one of the main reasons why so hopefully I can fight through it.

My next GG entries are all mini block builds that I have finished. This first one was a gift for my birthday back in September. I had finished it back then but apparently forgot to post about it. It is a space shuttle launch site that was made up of 510 pieces. This had a couple significant meanings behind it. 1) we live about 30-45 minutes from the Kennedy Space Center and one of my favorite dates with my husband from before we were married was to go see a shuttle launch there and 2) when my daughter was in the hospital, one of the ways we motivated her to push through all the tests and therapies was by taking her for strolls in her wheelchair to areas of the hospital with good views for a few of the Space X launches from the Space Center. To this day, she still gets very excited for every launch and we have an amazing view of them from our house so always run out to watch them. 

"Space Center" - Nanoblock FINISHED!

The next building set was a gift from my Dad for Christmas. He knows I love dragons so he found me a 600 piece set. I finished this one in January.

"Animal Deluxe - Dragon" - Nanoblock FINISHED!

Next, I have been working had to be healthier overall and walk more and there's an app/program tied to my health insurance that gives you points for doing various healthy habits. I earned enough points to claim a large amount of Amazon gift cards and one of the things I got for myself with them was a 1,163 piece Maneki Neko (or Lucky Cat) set. If you'd like to learn more about the meaning behind Maneki Neko, this page is pretty informative!

"Fortune Cat" - Larcele FINISHED!

I also worked on another Dragon Ball Z character for my husband. This time it was Trunks, who is one of his favorite characters and I just discovered that there was a version of him available! He was 110 pieces and came out really cute. I especially liked the little sword attached to his back. 

"Trunks" - Nanoblock FINISHED!

And last but not least, a coworker who likes to watch me do all my crafts decided she wanted to try to do a gingerbread house set that she saw. She thought it would be regular sized Lego pieces but they ended up being mini sized and she became very frustrated and said she was going to throw out the set. I asked her if she wanted me to put it together for her instead. So I gifted my mini block building skills and time. It was actually a pretty challenging 788 piece set to put together that took me about 6 hours to finish. It was a very detail oriented set.

"Gingerbread House" - HMANE FINISHED!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to checking out all of the other GG entries!

Happy Stitching!





6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that turned out beautifully! It's the perfect finish with the princess fabric.
    Nice progress on Ole World Map, you have been busy.
    You've got some great kits, I love the dragon! The gingerbread house looks good too, how sweet of you to finish it for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely loved the princess fabric when I saw it online and knew immediately that I wanted to use it in the finished product. The dragon is probably one of my favorite sets so far!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Magic Kingdom looks amazing as a wallhanging, I love the photo of your daughter looking up at it.
    The Nanoblocks sets are great, nice of you to make the cottage for your friend. That's the sort of favour I like to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that photo too. I catch her looking at the wall hanging quite often! My friend was very happy to have the completed set and I was happy to do it for her!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that finished Disney project looks great, and I love all your block building too! I think the dragon is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the dragon is definitely one of my favorites!

      Delete