Saturday, January 1, 2022

Stitchy Finish & Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve and that everyone will have a great New Year's Day and an even better year! 

I was unable to post yesterday for Finish Friday because I had to work and we were a little busy but I was able to stitch in between the busy spurts and finally finish the Magic Kingdom SAL and my additions to it!!! 

November's installment was Aladdin. The backstitching on this one really made the difference! When I was looking at the pattern for this portion, I thought it would be difficult for me to power through the huge blocks of each color but this one went surprisingly fast. 

November - Aladdin

As I posted on Wednesday, December's theme was from Tangled. I was able to finish stitching it on Thursday! The sun was the worst part to stitch and to backstitch but in the end it looks great!

December - Tangled

Yesterday, I spent the day adding some customizations the piece. I had to free hand them without any patterns but I did search the internet for inspiration. I decided to add "a dream is a wish your heart makes", a couple embroidered fireworks, and Tinkerbell. I also signed it differently than I usually do. Instead of my initials, this time I went with "Mom" since this is going to be a birthday gift for my daughter in about a week. I ended up just putting the year instead of my normal month/year that I finished the piece since this was completed throughout the year. 





Now, I just have to wash, iron, and fully finish it! My grandmother is going to help me to hopefully turn this into a wall hanging! This is my very first SAL that I completed the stitching within the year it actually happened! This was definitely a fun and interesting SAL to participate in and I look forward to more from the host, Cunning Cross Stitch

Thanks for stopping by, Happy New Year, and Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous work and well done on finishing by the end of the year! I love the fireworks and the added quote. The Peter Pan segment is my favourite. It will be interesting to see which part your daughter likes the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! January and February has been a little busy but I will be posting the complete finish shortly!

      Delete
  3. Great job finishing this one, and in time too! Love all your little customizations, they are very cute.

    ReplyDelete