Wednesday, March 10, 2021

WIP Wednesday 3/10/21

Any crafting time available over this past week has been devoted to working on the GoT Face Masks, which means that's all I have to show today for my WIP. Since it's still super early into Wednesday, I guess there's still a slight chance I could stitch later on today and be able to post some stitching progress but this is it for now!

I focused on rebuilding the Dragon and Lion that fell apart first. Last Wednesday, I showed the base of the Dragon done and then I focused on the actual mask. This one really annoyed me the first time around and it upset me even more the second but it's done and hopefully I won't have to touch this one ever again!




The Lion was the one my Mom originally worked on and I just helped her here and there. It was pretty easy to put back together so it went along much quicker than the Dragon did. 





The last of the 4 masks I have to finish is the Dire Wolf. So far I have the base done and have started on the actual face mask. It's been a little bit of a pain because there are a lot of tiny pieces involved with it...way more than the others. Hopefully it won't give me too much trouble overall. 



My Mom's birthday is this Saturday and I plan on having them done to bring to her then, even if she did tell me there was no rush in getting them done for her bday. I had already planned on having it done anyways but even more so now to try to bring a smile to her face. My Mom and Stepdad had to put their dog to sleep early Monday morning and they have not been dealing with it very well. I know there is nothing I can do to help take their pain away, but if I can give my Mom the tiniest reason to smile, I'd like to with this. So if you all wouldn't mind keeping them in your thoughts and prayers, I would be really grateful.

That's all for now. Happy crafting!


8 comments:

  1. They are superb, you're very talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to finish it before your mom's birthday. Happy birthday to your mom. By the way Thanks for your kind comment in my blog post Zentangle pattern - MOOKish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are looking fabulous, worth all the time spent on them.
    Happy Birthday to your Mum, it's also Mothering Sunday in the U.K. this weekend so you can celebrate that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just looked up Mothering Sunday to see what it was and I may have to figure out something to do 😝

      Delete
  4. It's sweet of you to make these for your mum! They look great and I hope you got done in time.

    ReplyDelete