Thursday, March 4, 2021

WIP Wednesday

 Good morning everyone! 

For today’s WIP Wednesday I have 3 things to show off! 

First up is the Magic Kingdom SAL from Cunning Cross Stitch! 

From this:

To this:

January is done! Ariel is soooooo cute! I love it so far! Next up is February which features Alice in Wonderland. I noticed a lot of people in the Facebook group were having some trouble with parts of the Alice section standing out against the background but I hope it works out for me. We shall see!

Next up is an itty bitty progress on the Olde World Map. 

Last time:

Now:

I only stitched on this for maybe 2 hours this week but I was able to finish the mountain range in South America, add a little of the inside to the nameplate, and started working on the tree under the globe. Next time I work on this I’ll probably try to finish up the inside of the globe. I always tell myself I will but then get distracted by a different area! This section has the tree, sun, half a boat, and the border left! 

And last but not least, my non cross stitch work-in-progress... the Game of Thrones face masks for my Mom. I’m starting with rebuilding the Lion and the Dragon first before I make the Dire Wolf. So far on the Dragon, I’ve finished rebuilding the base that the face mask is mounted on. 


It doesn’t look like much now but it’ll eventually look like it did in my Sunday post. It’s just going to take a while. Each one takes several hours to do. Since the goal is to have these done by the 13th, for her birthday, stitching will be put to the side for now so I can focus on these. 

Well that’s all for now! Happy Stitching! 


3 comments:

  1. Nice work on Ariel. I did look up the design and agree that the Alice block is a little hard to make out. I'd suggest a little backstitch or stitching with background with one strand and the figures with two. It's a technique I use quite often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking along the same lines! Either stitch the background areas with one strand or as half stitches

      Delete