Wednesday, March 17, 2021

March Gifted Gorgeousness & WIP Wednesday 3/17/21

Hello Everyone! 

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I spent quite a bit of time changing my blog page. The overall theme has stayed the same but the layout has been updated and I even *finally* figured out how to add the tabs at the top. Hopefully the changes are for the better but I will give it a few days to see if I need to fix anything that I overlooked. 

On to the actual update! It's after the 15th AND it's Wednesday, so I have a few things to show off today! For my Gifted Gorgeousness entries, I will just show what I've actually worked on or finished in the last month.

First up is the Magic Kingdom SAL from Cunning Cross Stitch that I am stitching for my daughter. 


last GG post:


Over the past month, I was able to finish January (Ariel) and even finished February (Alice)! I need to do March (Snow White) and then I'll be all caught up. Considering I had only just found this SAL about a month ago, I am happy with my progress. The ultimate goal is to have this year long SAL done on time so that I can gift it to my daughter on her birthday next January!

Next is the Olde World Map, which I've worked on since my last GG post but not since the last time I posted about it on a previous WIP Wednesday.


last GG post:

Not a lot of progress on this one in the last month but I will get back to working more on this one soon. This will be a gift for my Mom & Stepdad. 

The next 3 will be fully finished GG entries! 

I finally framed the Pikachu Pair that I stitched for my husband for Valentine's Day and I also framed the diamond painting that was gifted to me for Christmas.

Stitchier - "Pikachu Pair" FINISHED!

Pinglin - "Hope, Believe, Love" FINISHED!

The last fully finished entry is the Game of Thrones Papercraft Face Masks that I posted about last Friday.


These were finished in time for my Mom's birthday and delivered to her on Saturday. She absolutely loves them and was super excited that they were actually done! Thank you for all of those that wished her a happy birthday! Despite some of the stuff she's been going through lately, she said she had a nice birthday celebration with the family and loved all her gifts!

That's it for GG but I do have 1 more thing to show off for WIP Wednesday. The same day I found the Magic Kingdom SAL, I also discovered Peppermint Purple's 2021 Blackwork SAL. 


When I found it, it was already on week 5. Now it's up to week 11, I believe, but I just started stitching it and I made it through all of January. I am doing the square version and using a blue/purple variegated thread (DMC 4240) for this but it's not really obvious in the picture. I haven't decided what color to use yet for the border of each section. This is my first blackwork and I am surprised by how easy and fast each section stitches up! I'm liking it so far and look forward to getting all caught up! 

That's all I have for now. If you'd like to participate or see what everyone else has worked on for GG, hop on over to Jo’s page here

Happy Stitching! 










3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, don't forget to link up!
    Great work on your projects this month. I'm looking forward to seeing Snow White appear on the Disney SAL.
    If you like blackwork, Lakeside Needlecraft have just started a free SAL on thoir FB page. It's not very big but is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I posted this and then got distracted and forgot to link up! I will do that next!
      I am excited to see Snow White appear too, especially since she is one of my favorite princesses!
      I am really enjoying blackwork so far, probably because it's something a little different. I have already gone and checked out the FB page and requested to join, thanks to your suggestion!

      Delete
  2. Lots of great gift projects - good job being almost caught up on the Disney SAL, and the black work is very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete