Thursday, March 25, 2021

WIP Wednesday...on Thursday!

It is after 1am and I had every intention of posting earlier but then got extremely distracted with the kids, dinner, a walk, bath time, story time, bed time, dishes, laundry and finally starting my relaxing portion of having to stay up all night to flip myself back to my night shift work schedule for the next 2 nights. Thankfully this is my last week on midnight shift for a while and it's a short week since I have a vacation day on Saturday for my anniversary weekend!

Over the past week I did a little bit more stitching than I expected and also worked on a few new things.

First, I worked on the Olde World Map a tiny bit and I finally finished inside the western hemisphere, like I've been telling myself I would do forever. Other than that, I didn't make any other progress.

this week:

last time:

Next, I worked on the Game of Throne Houses and finished House Baratheon's banner. I still need to stitch their actual house. I also stitched the yellow portion of the flower in House Tyrell's banner just so I wouldn't have to use the yellow again.

this week:

last time:

I continued working the Magic Kingdom SAL a little bit as well and started on March's Snow White section. I stitched a good portion of the sky and all the dwarves and Snow White have heads! 

this week:

last time:

I started working on an Easter piece called Easter Gnome. Hopefully he will stitch up quickly! I've got most of his hat done, his beard is outlined, and I started on an ear. I'll be focusing on this heavily this week.


And lastly, I started working on my Crash Bandicoot piece. It's just the outlining of his feet and 1 leg for now since I was actually missing a bunch of the colors I needed for him. I should have all the colors now to keep working on him. 


That's all I've got for now! Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Having kids at home means little me time for me. You have done a decent progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have 2 little ones so my me time usually happens late at night.

      Delete
  2. You have had a productive week! The Map is looking great.
    Have a good Anniversary Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait for the little getaway we have planned!

      Delete
  3. I can't recall if you ever said, but what kind of job do you work that requires working nights? Really can't imagine doing that, my sleep schedule gets out of countrol really easily as it is!
    Great work on your stitching. I admire that world map every time you pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am a 911 dispatcher for fire and medical! We switch from days to nights and vice versa every 4 months so it gets a little rough sometimes, especially with having to be awake during normal day hours with the kids when I'm off. This is my first week back on days so hopefully my sleep gets back to normal quickly!

      Delete