Friday, June 11, 2021

Finish Friday 6/11/21

Good morning!

I have yet another mini building block set to finish but this time it's my daughter's that I helped her with! I honestly completely forgot that we even bought this in Puerto Rico for her until she asked when we were going to put it together. So instead of working on her cross stitch while her brother took his nap the other day, we worked on her 153 piece coqui set!

Coquí Frog Mini Building Blocks FINISHED!

A coqui (pronounced co-kee) is a very tiny tree frog that is found all over the island of Puerto Rico. They are named after the loud sound of the male's mating song at night! They can vary in colors from brown, green, yellow, and gray (or a mix of the four colors) on top and either yellow or white on their bellies. Another fascinating tidbit about coqui is that if you remove one from the island, it will completely stop singing.



This set was a little hard for my daughter to put together but with my help it took about an hour and she had a lot of fun doing it! Here are the progress pics of us working on it:

trying to sort out the pieces for the first step





my daughter said he was trying to eat the leaf while we were making it

Photo bombed by Tinker Bell 

photo bombed again by Tinker Bell!

my daughter very happy and proud to have finished the coqui!

p.s. I couldn't figure out what was bothering me about this last picture until I realized about an hour later that my daughter had put her dress on backwards 🙈

Happy Friday from my daughter and me!

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is my favourite mini block set yet! Love the cute little froggy, well done, you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She really loved putting it together!

      Delete
  2. She did great work, some of those smaller sets are so fiddly and detailed!
    Putting clothes on back to front is lucky here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was definitely fiddly when it came to the eyes and legs but we did it! I have never heard of clothes being on backwards being lucky! That's pretty neat! She's been doing it often lately so maybe we have a lot of luck headed our way!

      Delete
  3. What fun, I love how she had it eating the leaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had me laughing throughout the whole process because of how silly she was being!

      Delete