Thursday, June 3, 2021

WIP Wed....Thursday! 6/3/21

 Hello All!

I had every intention on posting what little stitching I've been able to do yesterday but between work and dealing with kids once I got home, I completely forgot! 😆 So today will be Work In Progress Thursday!

Of my own WIP, I worked on and finished May's Beauty and the Beast installment for the Magic Kingdom SAL from Cunning Cross Stitch


It didn't take long to stitch up at all, which was very nice! So far my 2 favorite movies have now been stitched (Snow White & Beauty and the Beast) but I honestly don't think there's a Disney movie that I don't like! June's pattern has been put out and I hope to start the Princess and the Frog soon!

The other piece I've worked on isn't actually mine but my daughter's! My daughter asked me a couple weeks ago to teach her how to cross stitch so we sat down and ordered a kit with a bunch of little designs for her to pick from. She has chosen to start a mermaid!


She has done really well so far! We only do a tiny bit at a time, usually during her brother's nap time so that I can focus completely on helping her with it but we have done 2 lines of hair, her eyes, mouth, bikini top, and started on the tail! 

That's all I have for today! Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Great work on the Disney SAL, Snow White is my favourite part so far although the rose looks great too.
    I love your daughter's first stitching. She must remember it for when she does the WIPocalypse in the future and they ask "what was your first project?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow White was probably my favorite one to stitch so far! Hopefully we can keep making progress on her piece...we haven't had a chance to work on it recently because we've been busy!

      Delete
  2. How fun your daughter is learning to cross stitch as well. Maybe there will be some really nice mother-daughter-stitching time in the future if she enjoys it and keeps at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! We've been a little busy lately, so we haven't had a chance to work on it but I really enjoy stitching with her!

      Delete
  3. Those are two of my favourite Disney movies too, and it looks great!
    I love how she wants to stitch, especially a mermaid! She's off to a wonderful start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is having fun working on the mermaid little by little! I hope she will keep at it and finish it one day!

      Delete