Tuesday, February 9, 2021

What’s the Tea Tuesday #1

Welcome to the first “What’s the Tea Tuesday!” This is where I’ll be talking about a yummy cup of tea, where you can find it, and what I think about it! I personally try to avoid any caffeine for health reasons, so 98% of any tea I have will be caffeine free, decaf, or naturally low in caffeine. There may be an occasional caffeine indulgence if it’s something that I really want to try. 

Today’s feature tea is: Tea Forte’s Blueberry Merlot

                                    

                                                        

This is a beautiful herbal tea and the description says that blueberry merlot is: 

"lush with the taste of organic succulent summer sweet 

blueberries, organic hibiscus and organic rosehips, 

for a naturally caffeine-free way to enjoy the day."

I absolutely love the colors in the loose leaf mix and once it’s steeped. I definitely like how the blueberry and hibiscus flavors marry well together. I only add a little bit of amber rock sugar and honey to enhance the slightly tart flavor. I also appreciate that the hibiscus doesn’t become overbearing, like I feel it sometimes has a tendency to do. Actually the overall floral notes are subtle considering it has hibiscus, rosehips, and cornflower.

If you’re interested in having a cup yourself, check out the official website here. I must add, that this flavor seems to be out of stock on the website often but if you have access to Amazon, that's usually where I find the loose leaf canister with no problem through Tea Forte's Amazon shop

Do you have any favorite tea flavors? I'd love to get some suggestions on what next to try and add to my tea collection! 

Happy sipping!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! I love tea, although I am often too lazy to brew a loose leaf one.
    My favourite (which I'm almost out of, I got it on a fair once so I'll need to find out where to find more) was an ayuverdic date tea that tastes devine with milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tea sounds like it would be very tasty! I will have to look into it!

      Delete