Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday Funday #3 - GoT Papercraft Face Masks

I know I'm a little late on the post but it'll make it in time to still be Sunday! I spent most of the day sleeping since I'm working tonight and then working on school work in between answering phones at work. So this is my first chance to think about something fun! 

This week I will be showing you all what my nerdy mother has decided and convinced me to do for her..... putting together Game of Thrones papercraft face masks.

I was very confused when she first asked me to do this for her. She had tried to make sense of them herself but was having trouble and was a bit overwhelmed. Since she knows I am the complete opposite and have a knack for being able to work on tedious things, she asked if I would help her put these together.

The first one I put together for her was the White Walker. This one took me 4 hours to do because it took me a while to figure out what was going on with all the pieces but once I did it started to go a little faster...if you consider 4 hours fast 😝

I then spent a whole Saturday at her house to help her work on the Targaryen Dragon and the Lannister Lion. I was able to finish the dragon and we finished most of the lion that day.


Unfortunately, for some reason the dragon and lion ended up falling apart about a week or so later and are in several pieces. This was a blow to my Mom because we worked hard on them. We figured out that we used a different glue than what I used for the White Walker (which is still in perfect condition) so that must be the cause. My Mom then asked if I would be kind and completely redo the 2 and also complete the final Stark Dire Wolf mask as a birthday present. Of course I said yes.

So I have about 2 weeks to get these done and back to her in time for her birthday. I think this will end up being my late night project most nights, starting tonight. Hopefully I can work a little stitching in around these!

Hope you all had a fun Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes they are really complex and I think that's why my Mom was so frustrated when they fell apart. I think she will be very happy if I can get them done in time because they are really cool looking!

      Delete
  2. Oh, fun! I did a lot of papercraft as a kid, but never anything this detailled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only papercraft I ever did as a kid was maybe some really easy origami. So when she asked me to do this, I was very confused at first :P

      Delete